Lemongrass Grilled Beef Noodle Salad Shopping List
2 lbs grass-fed beef, chicken, shrimp, or tofu (FYI-Estancia Grass Fed Beef is available at Co-opportunity Market in Santa Monica)
1 package of rice noodles
1 roasted and lightly salted peanuts
1 bottle fish sauce
1 jar chili sauce, or 1 chili
1 can coconut milk
1 sesame or canola oil
1 stalk of lemongrass
1 bunch mint
1 bunch cilantro
1 bunch scallion/green onion
½ red cabbage
1 head of garlic
1 small piece ginger
1 bottle sesame or canola oil
Minnie’s Lemongrass Grilled Beef with Rice Noodle Salad Recipe
3 Tbsp minced lemongrass (substitute ginger if you can’t find lemongrass)
2 Tsp minced garlic
2 Tsp minced ginger
2 Tsp fish sauce (substitute soy sauce)
1-2 Tbsp sugar
2-3 TBSP coconut milk
2 Tsp sesame oil
Juice of 1 lemon
Salt & pepper to taste
1.5-2 lbs Beef, thinly sliced. I like the ribeye cut.
1 Package or rice noodles- Pho noodles or rice vermicelli/ or use brown rice or a bed of lettuces.
1/2 cup shredded red cabbage
1/2 cup shredded carrots
1/2 cup julienned cucumbers
handful of fresh bean sprouts
chopped cilantro and/or mint
½ cup crushed roasted peanuts
sliced green onions for garnish
Juice of 3 limes
2 cloves minced garlic
2 Tsp fish sauce
1 minced chili, or 1 Tsp chili sauce
1-2 Tbsp sugar to taste
splash of water and/or rice vinegar
1. Make marinade by mixing all of the marinade ingredients
2. Slice beef and add to marinade, mixing well. Let marinate for at least 30 minutes at room temp or covered in fridge overnight.
3. Boil rice noodles until soft, about 5-7 minutes. Rinse well with water and set aside.
4. Prep all of the vegetables:
5. Shred cabbage and carrots, mix together in a bowl and set aside.
6. Julienne cucumbers and set aside
7. Crush peanuts and set aside
8. Make zesty sauce by mixing all of the ingredients and set aside.
9. Grill marinated beef for about 7 minutes. Flipping the meat only once. You can use a grill pan, or even sautee it if you don’t have a grill.
10. Assemble the noodles in bowls, top with carrots , cabbage and cucumbers. Add grilled beef. Garnish with bean sprouts, peanuts, and chopped cilantro , mint and scallions. Serve with zesty sauce on the side and invite your dining companions to add the sauce to their noodles and mix everything up.
Enjoy with people you love!