Buy My Books

Monday, November 24, 2008

Thanksgiving Wrap Up



I was blessed to be invited to a lovely Thanksgiving dinner in Beverly Hills, where good friends, old and new, gathered to enjoy a beautiful meal in a gorgeous setting. It was a perfect way to spend my first Thanksgiving in LA.

Our hosts, Richard and Jeff, had a glass of Champagne in my hands within 30 seconds of our arrival. Now that's the mark of a truly good host, to make everyone comfortable and at ease from the moment you cross the threshold.

My contribution to the dinner was an assortment of shellfish, which went perfectly with the bubbles-- oysters, shrimp cocktail, crab dip, and my aromatic marinated mussels.




Shucking is so much fun.


Festive oysters with cucumber water and pickled cranberries


Mussels marinated with lime juice, ginger, garlic, kaffir lime leaves, and a touch of coconut milk


The delicious spread


Lighting the candles was a communal effort, since there were so many to create that beautiful candlelight which casts everyone in a good light. The peonies were eye popping and in full bloom!



I missed out on all of these great vintages because I was enjoying a post-prandial nap, but the rest of the gang thoroughly enjoyed them.


Having a Martha Stewart moment.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an impressive assortment of eats & drinks!

Anonymous said...

Fun to meet you and everything you made was perfection! Thanks for helping to make Thanksgiving so festive and delicious! Cheers to 2009! X Richard & Jeff