Buy My Books

Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Cooking Notes


Do you see the world through rose colored corn like I do?

Try this bi-color corn available at Whole Foods. This corn changes to a paler color when it's cooked.

Melt some unsalted butter and add a pinch of cumin, grated Parmesan cheese, and salt & pepper.

Cut up lime wedges. Pierce the lime skin with a fork to create a "brush." Dip the lime into the butter mixture and brush the corn with the seasoned butter.



Softshell crab on toasted brioche with arugula and radish salad. Yes, it looks beautiful, but it was not my favorite meal. The crab I think was a little off.



My newest obsession is Spaghetti alla Carbonara, which makes a great brunch dish because it has pancetta and eggs. I added peas and fresh parsley for texture and color.

We paired it with local, organic kale and broccoli harvested in the rain on Monday by students at the Farm School. There a more shares available and prices will be pro-rated for those who missed the first week. Contact Jennifer at 978.249.2656 or via e-mail at jennifer@farmschool.org.

No comments: