Buy My Books

Thursday, March 15, 2007

Remembrance of Meals Past

If you are in my kitchen and you are hungry, I will cook for you. I have cooked hundreds of dinners for friends over the years. It's my favorite thing in the world to do.

One recent memorable dinner was the going away party for our charismatic friend Ersan, who is a now a nurse in South Carolina. Ambitiously, I decided to make rock shrimp tempura with red pepper aioli, a recipe from our favorite restaurant, Uni; and two farmhouse cheese souffles that I saw on Barefoot Contesssa. I modified the recipe to use farmhouse cheese instead of blue cheese.

Nights like these I remember to honor the convergence of good food, great friends cooking together in my kitchen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

who's that hot guy on the left? can you email me the photo
c-young@verizon.net
that was a great night!